Thursday, June 10, 2010

Matthew Deeley's Epitaph and Family Ways

                                         Matthew Deeley's Epitaph

                                                                                                                                                                   I write these words for my friend, a friend whom i never really knew, distant faces of distant ways, never seeing inside each other's souls. We were the schoolboy dreamers, unfulfilled dreams, shattered illusions. It's too easy my friends, to dream... We were only dreamers back in "68", schooldays filled with empty promise, of a world that had no chains. The war, the blood, the death, endless words of promised peace, the world dripping its hate in blood. "1970" is heavy upon my back for a friend i let go back to dust, I could not help, the world's chains held me tight. Distant faces of distant ways, remembering his last words to me, "the school-books are filled with empty words", his words keep coming back...

"Matthew Deeley's Epitaph" Copyright June 10, 2010/Internet 
  By Mark E. Temme
                                                                                                                                                                                                         


                Family Ways


I write these words into the night
thinking about
False friends, hypocricy,
All the words, i know well,
After years of being ignored, abandoned,
some family members joined "facebook"
on the "Net"
Seeing i was there also,
made contact with me...
All appears to be well at first,
but "not really",
Nothing has changed,
so i tune "out",
Returning to my own world...

Copyright by Mark E. Temme/ July 28, 2010/Internet

No comments: